Friday 8 May 2009

Final Summary

Im 19.
Im Female.
I study Health Studies and Social Care.
I think Being Bad does relate well to social care as, as a social worker you will come across thousand of people who are 'bad'.
I found Being Bad at an appropiate level.
The list of topics covered were varied but sometimes too off the point!
I think the format for class worked well. Especially having the hour before to complete blogs, have access to computers etc.
I think the module team were okay. Couldnt tell you any of the lecturers names apart from Mark's as we had some different each week. We had to apdat each week to a new lecturers ways. I don't think this is a good aspect of the module.
More discussion and debate from the class would have been more fun during the lectures, but I think because it was such as huge class, not everyone was completey comfortable talking aloud.
I think appraoching teh module in an interdisplinary was successfull for me as I hadnt approached things like that before. It gave me a whole new insight to a variation of topics.
I am not entirly sure if i am Taking being bad level 2 in my second year as i am unsure of the module available to me at this moment in time!
I would recommend Being Bad module to a friend.
I do think the blogs were a good idea in my first year as I hadnt completeed anything online for my assignments until this module.
I enjoyed completing two different asignments as it gave me the oppurtunity to look into to subjects into more depth.
I have leanrt a lot from this module! I am more opened minded on Being Bad topics, and it has taught me to not be as narrow minded as I sometime admit to be!
I found the majority of topics interesting altough some where a complete waste of my time. For example, the guy who insisted on comparing some smoking compaign to the peugeot 206 advert for about 20 mintues. I wanted to self harm, belive me!
Overall, Being Bad was a good module, althoughs ome improvements to lecturers could be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment