Thursday 2 April 2009

Comment on "I wish Philospohy was pink" blog - Body Modification


I agree with 'Miss Matrix's' post that Body modification is a social norm. I have one tattoo and 7 piercings and see these personal modifications as an indiciation of my individuality. I dye and cut my hair, cut my nails and wear make up. All these make me the person I am today. I belive body modification makes our world a very interesting place to live. Can you imagine a world where we was all the same? How boring! The only context I see body modification as being bad is when individuals use piercing to self harm etc. It does go on! http://bps-research-digest.blogspot.com/2008/07/tattoos-body-piercings-and-self-harm-is.html


I disagree that piercings and tattoo's should sometimes be covered up, eg, workplace. as i belive our body is a blank canvas and we are entitled to do as we please without the prejudice rules we sometimes come across in todays society!

No comments:

Post a Comment